Infographic: 8 Content Marketing Stats Businesses Should Know
What are the benefits of content marketing? As a way of reaching out to new prospect, content marketing has become a major focal point in the marketing strategies of modern businesses.
As more and more consumers use search engines to find information about products and services, content marketing has proved to be an effective method for businesses to provide that information.
This infographic you’re reading now is an example of content marketing, and it’s proven to be highly successful among marketers, particularly in B2C businesses, with 86% of them agreeing that content marketing is a key strategy.
Of course, not every business has the resources to publish content daily or even weekly, but that doesn’t mean a company can’t have a strategy for their website content. Whether it’s blogs, videos, case studies, or even just an informational FAQ of some kind, there’s a lot more to content marketing than you might think and a lot that can be done with just a little planning ahead.
Tailoring all your content for your audience is important for conveying your message and getting prospects traveling down your sales funnel smoothly. For this reason, many businesses opt to hire an agency for their content marketing, a service we at Impact offer.
As organizations continue to recognize its value, it won’t come as too much of a surprise that the content marketing industry is growing at a rate of almost 15% per year.
Add into the mix the effects of the global pandemic, which has further necessitate competence from businesses in their online presence, and you have an environment in which content marketing is a vital source of marketing for almost any business, regardless of size.
But don’t take our word for it, check out the infographic and see the benefits of content marketing for yourself!
Infographic in written form:
8 Content Marketing Stats Businesses Should Know
Businesses are more frequently using content marketing as a way to reach out to prospects and customers. Find out why you should consider investing in it by taking a look at these stats and facts.
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing.
- 78% of companies have a team of one to three content specialists.
- 56% of businesses reported they want to increase their content creation spending.
- The biggest challenges for content marketing are reportedly a lack of data (27%) and a lack of strategy (28%).
- 51% of content consumption derives from organic search.
- 76% of content marketers use organic traffic as a key metric to measuring content success.
- 94% of content marketers are using social media as a distribution channel for their content.
- 49% of companies outsource their content marketing.