Infographic: Traditional Marketing vs. Digital Marketing
The question of whether businesses should be investing in traditional marketing vs. digital marketing has—this year at least—been answered for them by the events of the pandemic.
Even before 2020, organizations were shifting their priorities to take advantage of the rising popularity of using digital channels for marketing.
As traditional marketing methods offer less and less ROI in comparison to digital methods with every year, companies are putting more investment into the latter—digital marketing overtook traditional marketing 2019.
Combine this with the prevalence and ubiquity of smart phones, online and social media advertising, and you have an environment in which digital platforms are the primary way organizations can get their message to consumers.
We’ve put together this infographic to demonstrate how digital marketing has risen the last few years in the traditional marketing vs. digital marketing battle. Take a look!
Digital marketing is essential in today’s business world, yet nearly half of organizations don’t have a clear grasp on their strategy. To see what it would be like to have a partner who can help you build a marketing and branding program that is effective in generating leads and making conversions, along with many other crucial aspects of marketing, see our Managed Marketing page.
Infographic in written form:
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
- The landscape for marketing has changed drastically—take a look at this infographic to see how digital marketing now has the upper hand!
- 13.1% – Digital marketing spend increase YoY since 2015
- –1.4% – Traditional marketing spend decrease YoY since 2015
- ($130 vs $110 billion) In 2019, digital ads surpassed traditional for the first time
- …and by 2023, digital ads will constitute two-thirds of all ad spending
- 60% of marketers have already shifted their efforts to digital marketing
- Biggest casualties of digital marketing: (–19%) Directory ads, (–18%) Print media ads
- ($15.8B – $33.1B) The retail industry is the leader in digital marketing, doubling its ad spend since 2015
- 80% of marketing channel budgets are digital in 2020 across paid, owned and earned channels.
- 45% of organizations don’t have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy.