Low-code development apps are tools with which you can create software without extensive knowledge or expertise of coding.
Using a simple visual interface, users can make apps by dragging and dropping, lowering the bar for who can develop business software.
Because of this, we’ve seen a huge increase in interest in low-code, with SMBs in particular utilizing these apps more and more.
Check out our infographic on low-code trends to see how the industry is growing and its popularity among decision makers, business professionals, and software developers!
Text of Infographic: 10 Low-Code Trends for 2020
Low-code app development platforms have been rapidly growing in prominence over the last few years, particularly among small and midsize businesses (SMBs).
With much of 2020 ahead of us, let’s take a look at some of the biggest low-code trends that are shaping the industry!
- The low-code market was worth $1.7 billion in 2015–estimates indicate it will be worth over $27 billion by 2022.
- In 2019, 37% of developers were using or planning to use low-code products. By mid-2020, this is expected to rise to more than 50%.
- Nearly 60% of all custom apps are now built outside the IT department, companies report.
- Of those, 30% are built by employees with either limited or no technical development skills.
- …but professional IT workers are still the ones driving the majority of development, with 69% of businesses using low-code stating IT staff are the primary users.
- By 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.
- 82% of firms say citizen developers–business professionals with little or no coding experience–are becoming increasingly important to their business.
- 72% of low-code developers create applications in three months or less, compared with six months or even years to develop applications using traditional development.
- 68% of IT developers agree that low-code is viable for the development of mission-critical applications.
- …and 80% believe that using low-code can free up developer time to work on higher-level projects.
Low-code web and mobile application development services are helping SMBs reduce costs, improve efficiency, and further the capabilities of their business by utilizing digital transformation techniques.
Check out our robotic process automation services to learn how modern solutions can change your business for the better and give you a competitive edge.